2018 – Another Great Year at Malvern Scaffolding
Malvern Scaffolding rounded out a successful 2018 by taking all operatives and management for a day of teambuilding that tested out their hand-to-eye co-ordination with a variety of steering wheels or rifles/shotguns in hand! The day also included a lunch of their choice, all of which, including the day’s pay, was by way of thanks from the Directors for the team’s contribution to another successful year.
Much has been achieved in 2018 as we strive to continually improve all that we do, some of the highlights are:
- Completion of 5 year programme to “systemize” our tube and fitting operations giving 20% increase in productivity along with reduced footprint on Contractor’s sites.
- Initiation of a rolling programme of Crew Cab vehicle upgrades to our fleet of 25 vehicles – mindful of the impending Birmingham Clean Air Zone.
- Purchase of additional 7.5t lorries and an additional 26t crane lorry – also with CAZ in mind.
- 20% of our workforce upskilled to a higher grade of scaffolders.
- Implementation of CISRS refresher course for all operatives – all date- due employees were requalified during 2018.
- Successful completion of our largest contract to date – £1.5million.
- Onboarding of over a dozen major new clients.
- Scaffolding contractor to one of the most transformational projects of the year – Green Heart – University of Birmingham
- Promotion of one of our experienced Supervisors into the new role of Assistant Operations Manager, allowing us greater control of larger and more numerous projects.
- Continued year-on-year expansion of the workforce.
- Winners of National Access and Scaffolding Confederation Health & Safety Award.
- “Directors On Site” Initiative – 202 site visits made by our Directors in 2018.
The Old Gym, University of Birmingham, Willmott Dixon
One of six projects recently completed or in hand on the University Campus